In order to use Link-Live.com, you must have an activated User Account. An activated user account just means that you've gone through the two-step process to 1) create and 2) activate the account. With this account, you can log in and claim your unit, which will then allow you to see the information posted to the to Link-Live.
You can claim the following devices:
Creating an Account:
If you don't already have a user account, please follow the steps below to create one:
1. Sign up as a new user at https://link-live.com/public/signup.
2. You will receive an activation email. Click the link to confirm your account, or enter your activation code at the website.
Note: If you are not receiving the activation email, please see: Link-Live: Not Receiving Email Notifications or Activation Email.
Signing in and Claiming:
Once you have an activated user account, please follow the steps below to sign in and claim your device:
1. Sign in using your credentials at https://link-live.com/public/login
2. If you haven't been presented with the dialog box to claim your unit, click or touch the upper left navigation menu button, and select Units.
3. Then, select the purple Claim Unit icon at the bottom right of the page.
4. A Claim Unit dialog box appears. Select the image of your device, and follow the directions on-screen. Each tester type has specific instructions.
If you are having trouble claiming your device or you see the progess bar spinning, you may need to whitelist the Link-Live URLs. To learn more about this, click here.
The Link-Live Cloud Service listens for an Internet request from the device with the same MAC address entered in the claim dialog box on the Link-Live website. Therefore, you must make sure you have clicked "Listen" in the Link-Live claiming dialog box before your device sends the claim request to Link-Live.
If the unit has already been claimed, you will be prompted with an option to Reclaim. Select the appropriate option and the unit will be claimed to your account.